Involvement and Benefits
Judy Scott offers independent consultancy in the benefit system together with employment law for public agencies that involve service users and carers in health and social care services, design, delivery, research and training. She can offer your organisation:
- a specialist knowledge of current and future benefits rules and systems for people who are in receipt of benefits
- liaison with DWP Ministers and Peers to promote changes to the benefit system – consultancy has resulted in helpful changes to Universal Credit that have now been extended to all benefits removing two key benefit barriers for involvement
- guidance on developing your payment policy for involvement with experience of working with health and social care arms length non-departmental bodies, national charities, NHS Trusts, local authorities and universities
- guides to the benefit system for people who are considering involvement
- staff training for the delivery of payments for service user involvement
News! The first full paperback guide to ‘Employment and Support Allowance & getting paid for service user involvement’ written by Judy Scott is available on Amazon. It is also published as a Kindle eBook and in EasyRead as a paperback illustrated version. See more in Publications.
Update on benefits: From April 2021, the Universal Credit work allowance is increased to £293 a calendar month for people who have rent covered by Universal Credit, and increased to £515 a calendar month for people who do not have housing costs paid by Universal Credit. The work allowance only applies to people who are responsible for a child or have limited capacity for work/work related activity. Others do not have a work allowance. For this group, any earnings reduce Universal Credit by 63 pence for every £1 earned. People who receive Employment and Support Allowance have the Permitted Work earning limit increased to £143.00 a week and this is allowed without any time limit. The National Living Wage rate for people aged 25 years plus is increased to £8.91 hr. But see Involving People page for a warning you if are about to be transferred to Universal Credit from Employment and Support Allowance and are earning part-time.